REPERTOIRE OF THE UNIVERSAL MARIMBA COMPETITION 2017
The repertoire list, all scores and declarations need to be send to the organization before July 1st, 2017.
Postal address: Marimba-projects vzw, B. Heymansplein 7, 3581 Beverlo-Belgium.
Marimba Solo 2017
-One free piece (maximum 10 minutes) -see score regulation*
Round Two - One of following works - (maximum 10 minutes)
- Marimbics - Markus Halt
- Reflections on the Nature of Water - Jacob Druckman (max. 2 to 3 movements)
- Time for marimba - Minoru Miki
- Luminosity - Tomasz Golinski*
- Toccata - Anna Ignatowicz
- Niflheim - Csaba Zoltán Marján
- Zamba para escuchar Ti Silencio - Guillo Espel
Round Three - Semi-Final
Free recital (maximum 15 minutes) - see score regulation*
Final Round - Finalist recital -In following order (1), (2) as indicated-
(1) One free piece (maximum 10 minutes) - see score regulation*
(2) Set piece - One of following concerto's for marimba & piano
- WATER SCULPTURE - Igor Lesnik**
- MARIMBA CONCERTO NR 1 - Chin-Cheng Lin*
- L.A. CONCERTO - Piet Swerts*
-It is allowed during the Final Round ONLY to perform a work for marimba solo & tape.
The tape need to be provided by arrival to be verified by the technical staff.
Marimba Chamber Music 2017
Round One: A free program (maximum 15 minutes) - see score regulation*
Semi-Final: A free program (maximum 15 minutes) - see score regulation*
Final Round: Finalist recital with a free concert program (maximum 30 minutes) - see score regulation* .
Suggested list: Marimba Solo
*Belgian compositions: will be handled to award the Sabam Prize for best performance of Belgian compositions.
**Compositions published by BiNg BaNg Productions (HR) will be handled to award the Igor Lesnik prize.
Variations on Dowland's Lachrimae Pavane- Keiko Abe / Cameleon - Eric Sammut / Three movements for a solo Dancer - Eckhard Kopetzki (Mov. II & III) / Scirocco - Michael Burrit* / Izgalom- David Friedman / Dance of words - Aiko Fukushima / Feel the Sunlight - Ludwig Albert* /Sedimental structures - Gordon Stout / Cappucino Lovely - Chin-Cheng Lin* / Land - Takatsugu Muramatsu / Wind in the Bamboo Grove - Keiko Abe / Neenah - Igor Lesnik* / Caritas - Michael Burritt* / Nimbostratus - Ludwig Albert* / Robert's Park - David Edgar Brown ( mov.1 & 2) / Sonata in B minor - J.S. Bach, arr. L.H. Stevens (max 2 mov. / Toccata - Anna Ignatowicz / Marshmellow - David Friedman / Magma - Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic* / Iloi - Kaplan Adolpho / Velocities - Joseph Schwantner / Empty music - Frank Nuyts*/ Oriental Dance & Toccata - Francois Glorieux* / After Syrinx II - Richard Rodney Bennett / Marimba d'amore - Keiko Abe / Prelude and Allegro - Mukai Kohei / Kaleidoscope - Chin Cheng Lin* / The source - Toshi Ichiyanagi / Dances of Earth & Fire - Peter Klatzow / Merlin - Andrew Thomas / Convergence - Yoshihisa Taira / Niflheim - Csaba Zoltán Marján* / Rhytmic Caprice - Leigh Howard Stevens / Moi, jeu - Bruno Mantovani / Etude in C Minor - Pius Cheung / Khan Variations - Alejandro Vinao / Luminosity - Tomasz Golinski* / Three moves - Paul Lansky / Laudate Lignum - Werner Heider / Five scenes from the Snow Country - Hans Werner Henze / De tous biens playnes - F.Nuyts*
- You may perform free choice pieces, which may include own compositions, arrangements and transcriptions. Marimba solo can also select works from the suggested list which can be performed in all rounds. It is not allowed to repeat pieces in other rounds. It will be required to send one published score or copy (with approval from the composer) of each free chosen work (except for the works which are mentioned in the suggested list). If you perform non published works and/or own works, it will be required to send attached on the allowed copies a signed declaration by the composer (personal or others), giving his/her permission to use the copies during the Competition 2017. If the organization did not receive a copy of the scores and composers declarations, further performance of those works can be refused, due to official regulations of the Composers Society and Belgian laws.
- Upon request by the Jury and the Competition organization, contestants should be able of presenting anytime original publications or authorized copies of all performed works.
- Using photocopies of published works and/or unauthorized copies of performed music is not allowed on stage!.
Available by BiNg BaNg Productions HR: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.igorlesnik.com
- Neenah for marimba solo (Igor Lesnik)
- Kaleidoscope for marimba solo (Chin-Cheng Lin)
- Watersculpture for marimba & string orchestra- piano reduction (Igor Lesnik)
Available by Editions Francois Dhalmann FR: email@example.com, www.dhalmann.fr
- Feel the sunlight for marimba solo (Ludwig Albert)
- Cappucino Lovely (Chin-Cheng Lin).
- Marimba Concerto nr 1 for marimba & string orchestra - piano reduction (Chin-Cheng Lin)
Available by Edition Svitzer DK: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.editionsvitzer.com
- Dance of words for marimba solo (A.Fukushima)
- Niflheim for marimba solo (C.Z.Marján)
- Luminosity for marimba solo (T.Golinski)
Available by Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic: www.zivkovic.de
- Magma for marimba solo (N.J.Zivkovic)
Available by Beurskens Music edition: www.muziekuitgeverijbeurskens.com
- Nimbostratus (L.Albert)
- Oriental Dance & Toccata (F.Glorieux)
Available by HRDSCR Edition: email@example.com / www.franknuyts.com
- De tous bien playnes (F.Nuyts)
- Empty Music (F.Nuyts)
Available by Steve Weiss Music: http://www.steveweissmusic.com
- Caritas (M.Burritt)
- Scirocco (M.Burritt)
Available by Zodiac editions: firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.zodiaceditions.eu
- L.A. Concerto for marimba & string orchestra (piano reduction)