REPERTOIRE OF THE UNIVERSAL MARIMBA COMPETITION 2015
Marimba Solo 2015
1) One of following works:
- Spiral Passages - Jon Metzger
- Variations on Dowland's Lachrimae Pavane- Keiko Abe
(2) One free piece (min. 6'- max. 10') - see score regulation*
(1) One free piece (min. 6'- max. 10') - see score regulation*
Round Three - Semi-Final
(1) Free recital (15') - see score regulation*
Final Round - Finalist recital -In following order (1), (2) as indicated-
(1) Free recital (20') - see score regulation*
(2) Set piece - one commissioned concerto (15')
Scores can be ordered from April 1st, 2015 by the Competition's organisation Marimba-Projects.
You may perform free choice pieces, which may be own compositions and/or arrangements. Marimba solo can also select works from the suggested list. It is not allowed to repeat pieces in other rounds. It will be required to send one published score or copy (with approval from the composer) of each free chosen work (except for the works which are mentioned in the suggested list). If you perform non published works and/or own works, it will be required to send attached on the allowed copies a signed declaration by the composer (personal or others), giving his/her permission to use the copies during the Competition 2015. If the organisation did not receive a copy of the scores and composers declarations, further performance of those works can be refused, due to official regulations of the Composers Society and Belgian laws.
- Upon request by the Jury and the Competition organisation, contestants should be able of presenting anytime original publications or authorised copies of all performed works. Using photocopies of published works and/or unauthorised copies of performed music is not allowed.
- It is allowed during final round to perform works with tape which need to be provided by arrival to be verified by the technical staff.
All scores and declarations need to be send to the organisation before July 1st, 2015.
Postal address: Marimba-projects vzw, B. Heymansplein 7, 3581 Beverlo-Belgium.
Suggested list: marimba solo
Round One: Marimbics - Markus Halt / Virgina Tate - Paul Smadbeck / FLying - Chin-Cheng Lin* / November Evening - Christopher Norton / Caméléon - Eric sammut.
Round Two: Between Dusk and Dawn - David Friedman / Toccata - Anna Ignatowicz / Dance of words - Aiko Fukushima * / Zamba para Escuchar Tu Silencio - Guillo Espel / Feel the sunlight - Ludwig Albert * / Cappucino Lovely - Chin-Cheng Lin */
Semi Final & Final Round: Neenah - Igor Lesnik / Robert's Park - David Edgar Brown ( mov.1& 2) / Izgalom - David Friedman / Scirocco - Michael Burrit / Sonata in B minor - J.S.Bach / arr.LH.Stevens (max 2 movements) / Marshmellow - David Friedman / Luminosity - Tomasz Golinski */ Magma - Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic * / Iloi - Kaplan Adolpho / Velocities - Joseph Schwantner / Empty music - Frank Nuyts / Oriental Dance & Toccata - Francois Glorieux */ After Syrinx II - Richard Rodney Bennett / Marimba d'amore - Keiko Abe / Prelude and Allegro - Mukai Kohei / Kaleidoscope - Chin Cheng Lin */ Dances of Earth & Fire - Peter Klatzow / Merlin - Andrew Thomas / Convergence - Yoshihisa Taira / Niflheim - Csaba Zoltán Marján * / Rhytmic Caprice - Leigh Howard Stevens / Nimbostratus - Ludwig Albert */ Moi, jeu - Bruno Mantovani / Purity - Tomasz Golinski *.
Available by BiNg BaNg Productions HR: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.igorlesnik.com
- Neenah for marimba solo (I.Lesnik)
- Kaleidoscope for marimba solo (C.C.Lin)
Available by Editions Francois Dhalmann FR: email@example.com, www.dhalmann.fr
- Feel the sunlight for marimba solo (L.Albert)
- cappucino Lovely (C.C. Lin)
Available by Edition Svitzer DK: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.editionsvitzer.com
- Dance of words for marimba solo (A.Fukushima)
- Niflheim for marimba solo (C.Z.Marján)
- Luminosity for marimba solo (T.Golinski)
Available by Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic: www.zivkovic.de
- Magma for marimba solo (N.J.Zivkovic)
Available by Beurskens Music edition: www.muziekuitgeverijbeurskens.com
- Nimbostratus (L.Albert)
- Flying (C.C.Lin)
Available by Tomasz Golinski: email@example.com
- Purity for marimba solo ( T.Golinski)