The Universal Marimba Competition Belgium (UMCB)under the High Patronage of Her Majesty Queen Paola is acclaimed as one of the most prestigious competitionsin the World since its foundation. The winning laureates are all launched to embark their International career. The new Composition division (UCCB) focus to support the career development of composers and promotes new creative contemporary and classic repertoire for marimba & percussion through its own musical activities, contacts with International organisations, concert- and recording productions and publishing facilities. This International praised competition is a unique event and is important for the promotion of composers and marimba performers worldwide. The fourth edition 2013 of the Composition competition will take place from 2013 simutaneously with the two yearly placed Universal Marimba Competition.
Composition category: Marimba solo or marimba duo
1st Prize: 250 Euro
-will be announced and international promoted as the first prize composition of the UCCB 2013.
-will be placed as set repertory piece for futur editions of the prestigious Universal Marimba Competition Belgium.
-will be published and worldwide distributed by a European publish company suggested by the Competition.
2nd Prize: 160 Euro
-will be announed and international promoted as the scond prize composition laureate of the UCCB 2013
-will be introduced for possible publishing to European leading publish companies.
-will be introduced to the board as repertory piece of the Universal Marimba Competition.
3rd Prize: 90 Euro
-will be announced and international promoted as the third prize composition laureate of the UCCB 2013.
The winning laureates will be invited to receive their award at the Final award ceremony of the Universal Marimba competition 2013.
Preliminary rules & regulations
- A) the completed entry form
- B) one recent photograph of the competitor (black & white)
- C) receipt of bank payment documenting the entry fee of 50 Euro net.
- Before June 1st, 2013, the competitor will send in an enclosed envelop to the orgenisation following:
- A) one printed example of the completed entry form
- B) a biography of the composer ( in English, max 150 words, on CD-R with one extra printed sample)
- C) a commentary on the work ( in English, max 100 words, on CD-R with one extra printed sample)
- D) a CD-R with all finalized scores ( finale, encore or Sibelius sheet music)
- E) 3 printed COPIES of each score.
- F) a signed declaration dated by the competitor stating that the work has been written specially for this Competition, that it has not been published and performed before and that the composer agree his work to be published by appearing publishers suggested by the competition. (see * in case the composer is bound exclusively to a publisher)
- Further performances during the Universal Marimba Competition may not result in charges such as rental fees for the performers, the Competition organisation, the radio or CD producers.
- All entered works will be kept in the library of the UCCB. Only the selected winning compositions will be Internationally promoted.
- All works received within the deadline on the address of Marimba-Projects vzw, will be judged and selected for the UCCB Prizes by an International selected jury committee.
- The participation fee will not be refunded in case of non participation.
- The jury reserves the right not to award a prize by non appearing required level and its decisions are final.
- By entering his/her work, the competitor indicates his/her acceptance of these conditions and the decisions of the selection committee on the entry forms.
- Works by composers who do not submit to the requirements above will be disqualified.